M-RAC project is an Open Source and Open Hardware Robot Arm Control with multiple control interfaces: button shield, Web, Android. It’s based on the OWI Robotic Arm Edge, where the electronic is replaced with an UDOO Quad Board and a dedicated Motor Shield designed and produced using Orcad Capture and Orcad Layout Plus Software. The Robotic Arm is with 3 degrees of freedom and can take little objects.
To control the Arm there are different ways:
- By an electronic control created by me which can be connected to the motor shield to have a direct control of the arm using mechanical buttons interface;
- By a Web interface based on NodeJS Framework and Apache Web Server running on UDOO, that give the possibility control remotely the Robotic Arm;
- By an Android Application that run directly on UDOO with a 7” display touch or remotely on an Android Tablet an Smartphone.
M-RAC explain how to control a Robotic Arm with multiple modalities, in particularly remotely (Internet/Intranet) and with an Android App. The project is Open Source and Open Hardware and can be replicated with professional Robot Arm.
The Shield's project requires Orcad Capture and Orcad Layout Plus Software. You can download the project's files directly from this page.
The Button Shield's project requires Orcad Capture and Orcad Layout Plus Software. You can download the files directly from this page.
The Web interface requires some libraries for Linux directly GPIO manipulation (node-udoo). You can download them from terminal (Alt+F2 - xterm). You can see video tutorial about node-udoo at link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjS-Fe-7dDA You can see the source code of node-udoo at link: https://github.com/pilwon/node-udoo
Use of II Solution:
- Lunch terminal;
- node server.js;
- Web Browser - http://127.0.0.1:1337, Enjoy it;
- Remote Web Browser - IP Address of UDOO Server (If you have activated Apache redirect), Enjoy it;
Use of III Solution:
- Update Arduino sketch via an external computer;
- Install Android Application into UDOO via Eclipse in an external computer;
- Lunch application, Enjoy it;
Use of IV Solution:
- Install Android Application into LG Nexus 4 Smartphone via Eclipse in an external computer;
- Update Arduino sketch;
- Lunch terminal;
- python udpserver.py;
- Lunch application and insert IP Adress of UDOO Server, Enjoy it;